Governance and Leadership
The Board of Trustees is the decision-making body of the Trust and is accountable and responsible for all establishments in the Trust. The Trust is a single legal entity, comprising the schools managed by the Trust.
The Board focuses on three core functions of governance:
- Ensuring clarity of vision, ethos and strategic direction
- Holding leaders to accounts for the educational performance of the organisation and its pupils, and the performance management of staff
- Overseeing the financial performance of the organisation and making sure its money its well spent.
The Board’s work is supported by the work of committees. These include:
- Finance and Personnel Committee
- Schools and Education Committee
- Audit and Risk Committee
Additionally, each academy has a Local Academy Board which is a committee reporting to the Board of Trustees. Local Academy Boards represent key stakeholders of individual academies in the Trust: staff, parents/carers and the community, and provide an opportunity to ensure that the views of these important groups are represented to the Board of Trustees. The LAB supports the school in its objective of continuous improvement with regard to educational provision and quality.